It used to be like a sunburn, now it's kind of a freckle
In the 16 years that I lived in Las Vegas noone ever asked,"where is that?" when I answered where I lived. For lack of a better analogy, it was almost like having a sunburn on your face. Not because it is H*O*T in that bowl in the desert, but because everyone is so aware of it. It's kind of a sensitive area that everyone is curious about. It is almost as though it is untouchable much like that face burn I was telling you about. It was kind of nice to live in a place where everyone knows where it is located on the map.
I would never insult the town that I birthed my babies and raised them through the first part of their childhood, nor would I ever raise questions about the hometown of still many many friends... so I have a fond place in my heart for that sunburn, because when the sting goes away and the aloe calms the heat, it results in the most beautiful tan. That's what Vegas is to me, a golden shade forever imprinted on my life.
Now, we live in a fairly unknown small town and I haven't met anyone outside of TX that knows of it's geographical pinpoint. As far as our new town, again, I would never throw out judgements. I haven't found anything wrong with this place, it seems like a nice locale to raise a family and we sure do love our jobs here. It's a small freckle on the map, but I've always thought that freckles were pretty cute :)
I would never insult the town that I birthed my babies and raised them through the first part of their childhood, nor would I ever raise questions about the hometown of still many many friends... so I have a fond place in my heart for that sunburn, because when the sting goes away and the aloe calms the heat, it results in the most beautiful tan. That's what Vegas is to me, a golden shade forever imprinted on my life.
Now, we live in a fairly unknown small town and I haven't met anyone outside of TX that knows of it's geographical pinpoint. As far as our new town, again, I would never throw out judgements. I haven't found anything wrong with this place, it seems like a nice locale to raise a family and we sure do love our jobs here. It's a small freckle on the map, but I've always thought that freckles were pretty cute :)
Comments