God Answers Prayers in HIS perfect timing

It seems like we've been praying for a lot of things lately.

God has answered every single one of these prayers in His time. Sometimes the answer is no. Sometimes the answer takes a little longer than we wish it would, but in hind sight it makes so much more sense than our crazy mixed up time-line.

We've been praying that God will show us and provide a perfect home for our family. As always, He has. We've been putting offers on a HUD home, five to be exact. The fifth offer was accepted and if all goes well, we will have keys to that home in less than 45 days. It is such a blessing to know where we will be.

I was teasing with my husband about the whole process and the timing. I was confessing that God knew that I needed six months to prepare my mind for this home. It is, to say it kind, a MESS. It was a good deal, but it needs a lot of work to make it livable. All of which we will do before me move in, but let me just tell you how much of a leap this was.

Six months ago when we moved here, we had left a home that took us 6 years to make "ours" - every wall was painted, every area of the home was touched with the wand of our family to make it a comfortable place to call home. We packed that comfortable place up to move into a rental. All of which is also comfortable and huge blessing to live in, but is clearly not ours. It doesn't have our mark on it anywhere. God somehow changed my mind and brought me to a place where I was pleading to put an offer in on a "MESS". Something that I never thought I would want to do (Keep in mind that I am a brat who has never purchased a home older than 5years old - yuk... who is that girl?)

Fast forward to 5 offers later on this house and it is finally going to be ours. To rip down ceilings, tear out flooring and put our mark all over it (sounds so primal). It is going to be basic, but an amazing place to continue raising our children. Our little piece of this State... our little speck of land in this overwhelming world. Thank you God for this speck!

Speaking of timing.... God has, for some reason, put a nudge in my heart to seek a part time job. I've been looking since I knew we were moving. Not serious hunting, but just sort of figuring out what was available. This nudge became an outright desire. I think it might be because I'm in a town that I barely know anyone and my kiddos are in school eight hours a day. I also have a tug to involve myself in University that my husband spends much of his time teaching. It's a ministry and I want to be a part of it. So I applied, had a couple of interview and was offered the position. I accepted it today! I can't believe it! It's just a humble position a few hours a day, but I feel so honored to have the privilege to work there. God is good!

If you had told me 6 months ago that I would be working at a University and remodeling a HUD home in TX.... I would have thought you were crazy. Nope, not me. I was comfy right where I was planted. It just goes to show you that His timing, His plan is never boring, but suited just right for each of us :) Good night friends. Thanks for praying and let me know how I can be a prayer warrior for you.

Comments

Unknown said…
He is soo awesome, AMAZINGly, good!! I love how He works and orchestrates our lives. All for His purpose and His glory!!

Love and many blessings,
Adrienne

Popular Posts