Praise Him in the storm
Last week we had some much needed rain. As soon as the kids returned home from school they changed into their bathing suits and went outside to play in the wet. While everyone else was taking cover and complaining that they had just washed their cars... these kids danced and sang in the rain. It energized them. It gave them a fresh look at what play can feel like. They are not used to rain lasting for more than mere minutes. They are not used to anything more than a sprinkle. When given something that might be a burden to others, they find a way to find joy among the storm without fear stopping them from soaking up the fun.
I've heard it said that artists often find their inspiration in pain. Whether that means emotional, mental or physical; I'm not sure. I do know for sure that I'm coming off of a 48 hour migraine and I feel so hurt. Not physically because the meds are taking care of that, but my heart hurts. I'm trying so hard to see the blessing that God can provide in pain. I want to thank Him in my weakness. I want to glorify Him in my darkest hours. It's breaking my heart that I am struggling to do just that. I won't question why. I won't apologize for being brutally honest here. I just want to say that I have a stronger, mightier God than I can even imagine. I know that He doesn't do anything accidentally. So I know that He isn't overlooking me right now, but I'm in pain and from this tiny spot from which I sit I can not see the big picture for His purpose.
I'm going to keep praying for relief. I'm going to keep my aching eyes focused on Him. I'm going to keep my broken heart open to His purpose and one day it will come together and make sense. I'm sure that it has nothing to do with me. It's probably for the sake of my hubby or kids down the road, but either way... I'm sure it's for good... it HAS to be for good.
I want to praise Him in the storm. I want to dance and sing. I do not want fear to hold me back from the joys that could be.
Please don't comment, or make a big deal about this. Please don't call or send me an email. If you want to do something, please stop where you are and pray for my husband as he is the one who must pick up my slack during my migraine days. Pray for my kids as they are the ones who sometimes have to take care of me (so backwards I know). I will pray that they will not resent me for it in the future.
This could be worse... I could have NO pain-free days. I do have pain-free days and I AM grateful!
Comments