Fore!

JJ has been taking the kids for a round of 9 holes on Friday nights. It's free for the kids and a nice break for mom. Well, I couldn't stand it; I wanted to go and it sure was fun. I haven't swung a golf club in a long time and I think I rediscovered some untapped muscles that had a few cob-webs. Anyway, it was a pretty uneventful evening except two things that I noticed while at the course. 1) I heard gun shot in the woods... is that normal? It just seems so strange after living in the desert for sixteen years. 2) the term FORE... really does work. I was almost pegged twice, not that I could really run for cover, but at least I was aware that I was almost hit in the head with a golf ball. The teens doing the driving sure felt bad, but at least they warned me first.
It was good times. The next day we took the kids to play racket ball for their first time. They both loved it and want to return often. I feel bad that making friends is taking so long, but I have to admit that I'm enjoying all of this extra time with them. I know that once they make a bunch of friends they will be pretty busy, so I'll soak it up for now.
Comments