Yippee for small victories

(I did not post the before picture because it was WAY too embarrassing )
We are spending the month of April purging and simplifying our house for a garage sale in May. In the process, if I'm going through stuff it only makes sense to organize it along the way. I've wanted to do this to our pantry for a long time. The need for more pantry space is always a thought no matter how large or small your space is to begin with. In our first place we use to not have a pantry, just a shelf in the nearby laundry room. In our next house we had a pantry that was a glorified cupboard with deep shelves that made it maddening to try to organize (wouldn't pull out shelves be so wonderful), now I have a pantry that is a decent size, but still struggle with keeping it neat and tidy. I saw this idea on line and although they had cute baskets, I used what I had (organizing collapsible buckets from my old toy system in the kid's rooms - blue for boy, purple for girl - ha). If this works for us, I will make better laminated labels. For now, it's just a trial run and a spot for me to check off the list. Now it's on to organizing school papers (again). If you have any suggestions... feel free to reply- I will take all the help I can get.

I'm sort of laughing because I typed up a draft of a post that was so raw and emotional yesterday, but haven't had the guts to post it yet and today I am more than willing to post this one with very little meaning.... hmmm, what is that all about?

Comments

Christine said…
Ok, we do live the same life only 2000 miles away. Check out my pantry post..... :)
phyllis said…
Looks good to me---
you are right--getting it organized is not the big problem--it`s keeping it that way.
I have a invisible being in my house that does`nt put theings back where belong after it`s used.

Popular Posts