"All The Flowers Bloom In Their Own Time"

">

I know that this is a little early, but I really wanted to share this clip.

I recently went to visit the middle school that our oldest will attend next year. As thrilling as it was to know that he will be in a place that will push him academically, stretch him socially and encourage him in areas that we couldn't; I still had that hard rock in my gut that confirmed that our baby is growing up. This video tells the story better than I ever could.

Over eleven years ago when I was standing there with my over sized prego belly while a stranger in the grocery store said things like "the days are long, but the years are short" and other "helpful" advice; it's hard to imagine that we are in THIS place already. I never wanted to wish the time away... I always wanted to savor the days. I have no regrets staying home with my kids; I have no regrets when I worked. I do appreciate the ordinary moments.

My niece just blogged about an ordinary day in their home, I love that! Just soaking it up, pressing in and loving on our kids and meeting them right where they are at. What a gift it is to be a parent. What a gift is to be a mom.

I do realize that this isn't every one's story. Not everyone can resignate with this rendition of what it will be like as a mom. I appreciate and understand that on a deeper level than what you might imagine. I am also sensitive to the fact that there are women out there that are struggling to have a baby and they long for this to be their story as well. I appreciate that God has us all in a different scenario and he is molding us and forming us in all kinds of ways. No matter what your ordinary day looks like, I want to wish you a happy mother's day! You might be a mother figure to a friend or neighbor and that is just as valuable. Thank you to all the ladies who helped raise up a child or made a difference in a life.

Happy Mother's day to my mom, my mother in law, my sisters, my sister in laws, my friends,my aunts, my grandmas, my nieces and cousins.

Thank you Lord for this gift to borrow, thank you!
****Please don't forget to pause the music below (in the green box to the left) before you start the clip.

Comments

Keeker said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts