He's driving me nuts (pun intended)



First off I want to say that my kids do not read my blog. Second, I usually don't out them (or at least not to the level of embarrassment - although I do feel deep down inside it is my right as a Mother - LOL).

With that said.... I would like to share some silliness going on in our house. One of our children (I will not name names, but since I revealed his gender you've already figured it out) is driving me crazy. Every day, in the most random manner he mentions that he wants a COCONUT. This coming from a kid who doesn't ask for much. Especially if it to be purchased. He has a thing about making sure we don't spend "too much" money etc. and rarely asks for anything. Of all things why did he choose this? I think that's what makes it so funny in the first place.

His obsession with owning a coconut has gone from somewhat entertaining to sort of bazaar. I'm trying to hold out until Easter just so there is something interesting in his basket. Frankly, I'm not sure if I want to hear about coconuts anymore. I told him to go buy himself a coconut if he feels that strongly about owning one. I think he's willing to go that route, but has no means of getting to the store to purchase it- ha.

Anyway, it's just sort of a silly thing going on in this house and it made me chuckle. Of course, I'm kidding about him driving me crazy. I think I'm driving him a little crazy trying to see how long he will hang onto this desire to be the proud care taker of a coconut. Maybe I will just hold out and see who gives up first - hmmm


***Admit it, you're sort of upset that I wasted your time while you read a story about a boy and his love of coconuts - now you know how I feel :o/

Comments

Lynette said…
Are they learning about coconuts in schol right now?????????
MyOhMy said…
No, I think his best buddy received one for his last two birthdays and now it seems cool to have. They are yummy, but kind of a pain to open - I think a drill and a a small ax might be in order :)
Emily said…
Oh my word...what a kook. :)
(Said with a lovingly teasing heart)
a coconut?

That's hilarious.
Thanks for sharing.
Lynette said…
When we were little mom would get one once in a while , dad would put nails in it and we would drain the milk out.... it was fun
phyllis said…
Hope you get a good one with lots of juice and "meat"--I love coconut! why do yo think i have to hide mounds candy bars away from myself?
And a fresh one is so fun!

Popular Posts