The Value = Priceless

As many of you may already know; the kiddos had an opportunity to go to Disney World for the very first time. What an incredible memory maker it was for them. They returned on Tuesday night so excited to share stories. It was energizing to watch them get all pumped up about everything they did and saw. The best part is; they went with this young lady pictured above. This is Lindsey, she is my niece. She is such a sweetheart that radiates love.
The kids were gone for a whole week, which was a first. We’ve left them for that long before, but they’ve never left us and vacationed without us before. It was definitely different. I had several moms ask me how I was doing without them or even asked how I could let them go. This was my staple answer…” They are not mine; they are His. God blessed me with them, and who am I to keep that blessing from other people”. It’s a little harder to live than it is to say, but it still doesn’t make it any less true. The blessing was ultimately ours anyway. JJ and I had a week alone together, which I think helped our marriage. The kids were blessed with time with family and memories that will last a lifetime. We were all blessed with safety. Seriously, it was like a blessing Palooza! Besides, this picture speaks volumes toward the richness of experiences like this. Who am I to argue with that?
My sister returned the kids and shared hundreds of beautiful pictures, but this just might be one of my favorites. You can't really tell that they are at Disney World, or that they are even on vacation together. What you can tell is that they love each other. This friends, is a moment that can't be tagged with a dollar sign. It can't be faked or stolen from you... it's theirs to keep forever. Moments like this, which makes a trip Priceless!
I will share numerous pictures with you in the coming day. But for now, I'm going to just sit here and stare at this picture of two girls that love each other without judgments; without hesitation because this is the what I think makes a journey across the country worth every long line, every airplane ride, every little carefully planned detail worth the trip.
Comments