Unapologetically


I will hold them to a standard that is pleasing to God

I will get on my knees and pray for their future (their education, spouses, children etc.)

I will encourage wings

I will take one for the team

I will ask as many questions as it takes to get the whole story

I will never stop teaching

I will embarrass them

I will look back on these days with fondness

I will require hugs

I will plant roots

I will appreciate the qualities that make them unique to our family

I will embrace change (I will also resist it)

I will admit when I am wrong

I will preserve their innocence

I will continue to play

I will be their biggest fan

I will soak up each moment as it comes

I will fail and start over again the next day

I will not be their friend yet, but I will show them how to be a good one

I will steal kisses

I will expect the truth

I will try to be an example

I will say “I love you” everyday

I will plaster their pictures all over this blog just because I can

I will lose my cool and find it again

I will cry when I miss them

I will meet their needs

I will fight for them

I will support their dreams

I will laugh without hindrance

I will see them as a gift

I will hope for grace

I will forgive

I will ask for forgiveness

I will thank them often

I will not give up on them



Comments

Lindsey's Mom said…
and I know you will.....and you will do it well!!!!

I am so thankful that you have been given the opportunity.
Beck said…
I love that!
Keeker said…
Beautiful!!
Emily said…
well said! you're such a good mama!

Popular Posts