Summer ends this week...
...that would be hard to guess since it's still hotter than a biscuit outside. We are still swimming and doing whatever we can to stay cool.

Hubby is training for a sprint triathlon (The Pumpkinman) and I don't know how he can stand doing it in this crazy unusual heat. The swimming and bike training is understandable, but the running... oh the running - I couldn't do it. I'm proud of his enthusiasm to be healthier and accomplish this goal. It's changing certain aspects of our lifestyle in that we need to be more flexible with how much time training takes. It is also challenging all of us to step it up a notch in our own exercises routines.


We've also been busy with school, birthday celebrations, family night and friends. In my mind BUSY is a four letter word and not a word that I like to use to describe our family. It is a goal of mine every year to "un-busy" ourselves and just be together more. It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life and forget about God, family and ministry. It's easy to put our courtesies aside and take each other for granted. It's easy to lose our tone and speak unkind in our 'busyness' - it's easy... but WRONG. We are hoping with summer ending this week that the Fall (and hopefully cool weather) we will slow down, breathe and just NOT be busy. This is the HOPE.
Comments