Simplify

SIMPLIFY. This is a favorite statement of mine, mostly because it does NOT come naturally to me. I need one of those cute little wooden signs that state this word hung as a reminder in my home. I rarely do anything in a simple manner. My thought is that if you are going to put the effort in, make it cute. This is SO unnecessary, sometimes simple is 'simply' better.

Here is a small example. When we first moved into our house five years ago, the very first thing that I did was recruit my friends to help me paint my kitchen. Not just one color, but three - that's right - all that cutting in, and mess... I'm tired just thinking about it. So the trend continued... the bathroom is two colors, the spare bedroom is two colors, the playroom is three colors, the kids rooms are multiple colors and so on. Even the fireplace had to be three separate colors. The stinker about the fireplace is that I was never really happy with the results. I had invested all that time and paint into it, it didn't seem worth changing it right away. So, five years later I pulled out a left over paint color and just went to town on it. A project that I estimated would take me one to two hours, took me three days... that's right, because I can't do anything simply... haahaa, jokes on me. Anyway, here is a before and after picture (from last Fall and today) - One color and simple decorations... it's a good start, now onto the rest of the house.




Comments

Lynette said…
Looks really good!!! your just like me ,always takes longer than I think it will ,but I do get done....

Popular Posts