We talk about her every week.....


We have friends and family that have moved on or passed on that we talk about every week. Once such special person is my Grandma DeGuise. She passed away when my oldest son was only a year and half old, but her memories and words of wisdom live on in our home. My daughter has never met her, but talks of her as if she had. I think she senses how much I love and respect Grandma and feels equally connected to her. This picture isn't really a big deal to most, but to me is passing on pieces of Grandma D. That alone means the world. K is a huge noodle nut and could eat them every day. Thanks Mom for sharing Grandma's recipes throughout the years and for keeping her memories clear.

Comments

Lindsey's Mom said…
Thank you for the memories....I too think of Grandma often. My sewing room (with I enter several times throughout the day) is full of memories of Grandma. Food was a huge part of her life....growing it, preparing it, preserving it for winter, sharing it and last but of course not least for her....enjoying it. Thanks K for carrying on a family tradition - Your noodles look YUMMY!!! Aunt C.
phyllis said…
I love THAT picture! pretty intense work there.
phyllis said…
ALSO, I`m glad to hear you say that you talk about GRANDMA. People don`t talk about the ones they have lost enough and it makes me sad. I t`s healing and makes good memories come back.
Stacy said…
Wish I coulda met Gma D, too! Those noodles are the real deal...I'd bet that when K is a mama, not many of her friends will know how to make homemade noodles...she'll have to hold a class in her kitchen!
Lynette said…
love the picture, I used to spend hours watching Grandma make her noodles and roll them out on the table to dry... turning them over to dry on the other side and then cutting them up..I to think of grandma everyday, she had such an impact on my life, I believe that I'm the person I am today because of Grandma... learned so much from her... wish K could have spent time with her and listen to some of her stories... love the noodles K, Aunt Nettie also love noodles and could eat them every day

Popular Posts