Challenge for today....

After some discussion and much praying I feel like I need to throw this out there...

I call my kids to a standard that is socially acceptable and high enough to gain respect, yet...(here comes the tricky part) I catch myself doing many of the things that I correct them for. Examples: my tone could use some work at times, balancing my positive words with my negative comments, table manners (I know, what in the world?), the amount of t.v that I spend my time watching and seriously, the list goes on and on. It's sad really. So, today (and hopefully longer) I challenge myself to do better, be better and set a better example.

As a mom, I don't want to be a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of parent. If it's not acceptable to say, do or watch in front of my kids... then it's not acceptable- PERIOD!

There will always be room for improvement, grace is required at all times and I hope to gracefully improve. Have a blessed day!

Comments

phyllis said…
GOOD for you--I like that!
`I`m seeing in the world, parents who think an sometimes something that they do is not noticed by the kids--believe me--it is!
A-- for instance is, a teen-ager that uses bad language and i`m surprised, until someone reminded me that the kids mother and grandmother talks just like that.

Popular Posts