Post by request
Do you see this kid on the left? We will call him "Lex".
Lex is one of those smart 12 year old anomalies that you rarely come across. He's curious, funny, witty and cool all at the same time. He makes me laugh and I love asking him off the wall questions. It's hard to find a kid that will engage in conversation with adults and Lex seems to do that with me. He's a real gem. Anyway, now that you "know" Lex, let me tell you one more reason why I think Lex is so stinking cool.... (other than the fact that he has super awesome hair and he's good to my kids)....
But first, I need to set the stage for the pictures in this post.
Our 4th of July celebrations were cut short by an unforeseen event. We had to resume planned activities the following night. So, on the 5th of July we ate, had yummy flag dessert (made by Lex's mom) and lit fireworks in the street at the end of our driveway.
Lex was taking lessons from his dad on the proper lighting and care of said fireworks. I was taking pictures (of course) in my comfy camping chair and enjoying the awesome company. I found that it was a good opportunity to play around with my shutter speed, lighting etc. and would show Lex some of the pictures after I took them (oh the joys of digital)
Anyway, he said "you so have to put these on your blog" - well, I don't think that I could have been happier at that moment. Just the fact that a 12 year old would even know that I have a blog blew my mind, but he just spoke straight to my heart. So, here you go.... enjoy some very amature pictures of Lex dancing and enjoying the fireworks on the 5th of July :)
Comments