Baseball season is over



There is a side of every parent that would say that when a sport comes to an end that they are grateful to have their weekends and evenings free again. But, I am sure that there is a side of each of us that will really miss it and loved the season no matter the results of the standings.

I'm a silent spectator who doesn't want to embarrass her son with whoops and cheers, but I will say that a few plays this year got me on my feet and a few unfamiliar sounds came roaring out of my mouth. It was fun and I will look back on these years of baseball with fondness.

I'm proud of my boy for many things; his dedication to improve, his patients when frustrated and mostly his awesome attitude. I love it when a kid's character shines through in the best way. (ok, I wrote three more paragraphs about how proud I am of my boy, but deleted them because it wasn't very humble... let's just say, I love being a mom to this kid -nough said!)


Comments

Lindsey's Mom said…
Congratulations on a great Baseball Season "G" - you are a great kid and always make your parent proud. It's cool you are a catcher....we've had a few other family members that loved to catch too. It's a hard position to play but a very important one!!! Way to go.
Keeker said…
What a good looking catcher. I think you all know how much we love baseball here! We are sad when it is over. Glad you had a fun and exciting year! WAY TO GO :)
phyllis said…
LOOKIN` GOOD THERE, GABE---GLAD YOU ENJOYED THIS YEAR--IT`S SO GOOD FOR YOU--I WAS GLAD I GOT TO SEE SOME OF YOUR GAMES.
phyllis said…
Hey--one more comment from gram--
You sure look like your UNCLE SHAWNER standing there--I just noticed!
MyOhMy said…
Grandma, not just in his look, but his attitude too... since about the age of six or so, I've never seen him get mad... he's hard to rattle, very collected... he gets that from Uncle Shawn too (obviously not from his mama)!
Nemeth family said…
How funny...your mom took the words from me. I was popping in to say how much he looks like his uncle in his catcher's gear. I think it is so cool how much H family is in him. What a cute kid!!
Stacy said…
Way to go, G-ster! Glad you had a good year playing!

Popular Posts