Another reminder
Today would have been his birthday... the birth of his earthly vehicle that carried him around the life that we knew. Normally, there was not a huge fuss on his birthday, he just wanted to get a phone call from his kids and tell each of us who he had heard from and what they were up to. But for me, at least this year, it's another reminder that he's not with us. I don't know if all the holidays will be hard, but Easter was bitter-sweet because.... well, I knew he wasn't here. But I had affirmation that he was able to spend his first Easter with Jesus, and how cool is that? How utterly cool IS that?
I won't do this every year... I won't keep mentioning what would have been, could have been or what should have been. I won't because I believe that what is is what is supposed to be. He is in a place that is greater than my mind's eye can even imagine. A place that is more than this brain can fathom. He's home, content and free of every worry and pain. But in case I haven't mentioned it, which I know I haven't because I try hard not to...
I miss him all the same. I miss you Dad!
***side note: I will be traveling this weekend with a friend, back to my home town to visit my mom and witness the burial of my dad's ashes. Please pray for travel mercies, low stress and lots of love for my mom.
Comments
Nettie-- Happy Birthday Dad --Love
you