"Let's go fly a kite, up to the highest height"

That Mary Poppins song is totally stuck in your head now, isn't it? I know, mine too, sorry!

In a pursuit to find as many spring break activities "for free" (sleep overs, library, park day, picnic, Wii tournaments etc etc) as we can, we did just that... flew a kite. I don't recall ever being successful at actually flying a kite until today, it was fun. It was nice to be excited about the wind for a change. I know that the pictures make it look like K is the only one flying a kite, but the boys spent most of their time trying to get this airplane to stay airborn.





Please pray for my JJ, he is sick with a throat infection. He's on the mend, but it hasn't been easy on him.

I heard this really cool kite analogy at church (a while ago) and I couldn't remember it enough to quote it exactly. I don't want to dishonor the meaning so I will wait. I will find it and add it later.

**side note: Words do not come to me easily right now... I have a ton to say, but I seem to fumble around when it's time to actually write. I have creative thoughts that don't come out right.(see, even that isn't what I meant to say - weird). I've developed an insecurity that I can't seem to shake. I'll give it time and the words will flow again someday... enjoy the break :)j/k

A very brief conversation during the flying of said kite:

G: "Mama, do you think of blog titles while you're taking pictures?"
ME: {smiling and slightly shaking my head from side to side} I love you
END SCENE

Comments

Lindsey's Mom said…
Oh what a beautiful sky and what a beautiful family activity ..... I am singing the song with you!!!
Father God, we come to you and ask for healing for my brother-in-law, J.... You are the Great Physician and we ask that you give J rest and a quick recovery so that he can resume his service to you....in the name of your son, Jesus - AMEN
phyllis said…
Where did you fly the kites? it looked like a beautiful day--hope our jeff feels better soon.
I read a book once called THE KITE RUNNER about a little boy who grew up in afganistan--very interesting.
Nemeth family said…
That looks like so much fun...and relaxing! And that G is so funny! It's funny how they learn what to expect from the camera. We were at a Curious George 'Earth Day' thing at the library the other day and Kyle ran over and stood next to the inflatable monkey and asked me to take a picture of him. When I told him I didn't bring my camera, he said "but mom, you always bring your camera!" I won't forget it again LOL
MyOhMy said…
C- Thanks for the prayers... they are working :) He is feeling much better.
P - We flew the kite on the soccer field at the park across from the nearby school - I would love to read The Kite Runner - I heard it was good.
S- Kyle is so funny - I guess we've conditioned our kids to pose for the camera. I've had to eliminate "cheeeese" and go with "strawberries" so they don't smile SOOOO big :)

Popular Posts