My new favorite part
OK, here it is... my favorite part of having my Mom here....{drum roll}
When my two worlds collide.
It warms my heart when I watch my friend laugh with my Mom on a park bench, when a friend comes over and strikes up a conversation alone with my Mom because she wants to, when my friend prays with and for my Mom because that is just how she is, when my friend is excited to cook with my Mom for FUN, or when my Mom hangs out with me at my friend's new house for good times and good food. That is just a sample of what I see and hear and get to experience with Mom here. The coolest part... each example included a different friend. NO joke... I love my Mom and I love it when she hangs out with my extended family (my friends).
Tomorrow she is heading off to have some good times with one of her close friends for a few days. I will miss her, but I am happy that she is having a pleasant time and I'm super excited that I get her back on the weekend.
When my two worlds collide.
It warms my heart when I watch my friend laugh with my Mom on a park bench, when a friend comes over and strikes up a conversation alone with my Mom because she wants to, when my friend prays with and for my Mom because that is just how she is, when my friend is excited to cook with my Mom for FUN, or when my Mom hangs out with me at my friend's new house for good times and good food. That is just a sample of what I see and hear and get to experience with Mom here. The coolest part... each example included a different friend. NO joke... I love my Mom and I love it when she hangs out with my extended family (my friends).
Tomorrow she is heading off to have some good times with one of her close friends for a few days. I will miss her, but I am happy that she is having a pleasant time and I'm super excited that I get her back on the weekend.
Comments
I love it.