It's just an idea... what do you think?

I have this idea and it deserves a snappy name.
Some thoughts:
Since everyone has a junk drawer (or closet or room) and we all like hanging and working out with our friends, why not get together and be productive. I loosely discussed this with SC, but we never acted on it... HERE IT IS:
Once a week (or month) we get together and work on a project in a friend's house, it could be: clean a room, switch seasons in the kids' closets, paint an accent wall, clear out a messy garage, decorate a room, plant a garden, organize a closet or two, whatever the need. We all have something that we are procrastinating on right? (or is it just me?) We might have to air some dirty laundry and admit that we are not perfect house keepers, but who is really? (ok, there are one or two out there, but the pace is impossible to keep up - trust me I've tried). I could use the kick in the rump and the motivation to actually finish a project.
It all started when my dad was really sick and Stace came over (over a couple of days) to help me. She scrubbed my floors, helped me clean my spare room, organized my daughters room and made me dinner.... seriously, the girl rocks! I felt overwhelmed with work before she came, then overwhelmed with gratitude after she left. In the mist of the cleaning frenzy we caught ourselves laughing. It was such a gift and I would like to pass this gift on if anyone needs help. If a few of us gather together we could crank out a project in an hour or so. Wouldn't our husbands be so happy to have the undone project finished when he returned from work.
I know that many of you volunteer in the community or church and that should remain so. I just thought that with a few creative minds, hard workers and friendly motivators we could make a dent in our "honey do" list and free up some time for our hubbies.
Contact me if you are interested... it's just a thought.
Comments