This is what I saw....



*A family that loves each other even though we have many miles between us.
*Family and friends that will drive several miles to celebrate our Dad
*Generosity beyond belief
*God
*A flood of food to comfort a grieving family
*Walls breaking down
*Cards with sentiments that soothe the soul
*Flowers delivered as a loving gesture toward my Mom
*Friends that would love to fly across the country just for one hug from Phyllis
*Generosity beyond belief (oh, did I already say that one?)
*Stories of service and good times with my Dad
*Poetry
*Heart felt hugs that wrap so tight they melt away any hurts
*Tear filled eyes because he'll be missed
*Laughter
*Cousins that stay ... and are GOOD medicine
*Connecting on a deeper level
*A tribute to a man that made an impression
AND MUCH MORE!

click the highlighted words to link to other sites - there may be more than one in each line


This photo was taken after a long day of crying and laughing, it was a good day, a touching day. Capturing all seven siblings in one photo is a gift. I'm thankful for each one of my brothers and sisters. Each of them unique and have something valuable to bring to the table. I love to watch them with my mom and how their love for her is so genuine. It was good to be together again.

Comments

Stacy said…
Wonderful reflection on the past week. Lifting your boy up in prayer-hope he's feeling better today and you, too!
Lynette said…
You said it all, he was a great man, it was amazing how many people loved dad, and the things they did for mom.. food flowers and hugs... we have amazing cousins don't we, how many people can say that you spend the last moments of a person life, and they were your uncle... love you Eric. How many times cousins would come up to the hospital and say to us, Uncle Bob was my favorite Uncle love the picture of us even though we had no make-up left on..
Nemeth family said…
It was a beautiful service and the outpouring of love was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a greater support system for your family. It was really touching.
Lindsey's Mom said…
Saturday was a beautiful day of celebrating our Dad. I am thankful for all the love and support that we received and for the connection with friends and family. What a blessing to have all of Dad's seven children together - it was great to laugh and cry together as we celebrate a man that love us with all his heart!!!
MyOhMy said…
Stacy, the boy recoverd quickly...oh to be a child again :) Thank you for ALL your support - you are a treasure
Lynette, that is why I did a black and white photo - it had been a long day and no make up in the world could have outlasted those tears.
Nemeth Fam , thank you for coming I so appreciate you.
Lindsey's Mom, you are a beautiful writer and the blog of Dad has been such a blessing... his journey was followed my many. I saw this company that makes a memory book out of blogs - it's pricy $265, but might be worth it for his blog... I'll tell you about it later.
To the 4 people that emailed me... yes, those are my eyes and yes, I know that they are different colors from each other - you are welcome to look me in the eyes next time you see me - where have you been looking BTW? Just kidding :)
phyllis said…
I LOVE THIS PART OF YOUR BLOG--I ALWAYS KNEW YOU HAD BEAUTIFUL EYES.AND EVERY THING YOU SAID WAS TRUE.LOVE YOU, NEVADA GIRL!

Popular Posts