Happy Birthday Mom

Today is her 70th birthday and I want to share 70 things that I love about her:
1. She loves Jesus
2. She can speak with just her eyes (see picture above, she is so cute)
3. She knows how to make a mean pie
4. She gravitates toward babies
5. She always smells sweet
6. She hums
7. She makes lists
8. She is a good gardener
9. My husband loves her pork chops (he wanted to make sure that I put that one in here)
10. She values literacy and reading
11. Even when she is in a rush, she will still make time to talk when I need her
12. She has pretty penmanship
13. She will always do the right thing in the end
14. Oh her biscuits
15. She gets excited about traveling to the west (which makes me happy too :)
16. Her love language is feeding people
17. She has cute feet (which is a weird thing for me to say, but she really does)
18. She gives great hugs
19. She gets excited for the blessings of others and not envious
20. She knows when to use a soft tone
21. She attracts people to her (and she doesn't even know it)
22. She is loyal to her friends
23. She hasn't lost the art of writing notes
24. She finds beauty in the smallest of creatures, especially birds
25. She is very good to her grandchildren
26. She respects her boys
27. She is a teacher, whether she realizes it or not
28. She was always really gentle with me as a child when I was ill
29. She can stand her ground when she really needs to
30. She is open to trying new things
31. She is resourceful
32. She likes to nap (one of my favs)
33. I hardly ever hear her complain
34. She is respectful to her elders
35. She loved her mom and took really good care of her
36. She loved her husband and took really good care of him
37. She speaks fondly of her siblings and has a deep love for them all
38. She has a way of making each of her seven kids feel like the relationship she has with them is unique
39. She remembers birth dates
40. She doesn't fuss over things that don't matter
41. When I was little I thought she had a home remedy for everything, maybe she does, but I liked knowing that she was going to take care of it and I didn't have to worry about it
42. She takes an interest in the friends of her children (even as adults)
43. She is creative with very little food, she will come up with a concoction
44. She loves to go to the nursery and look at plants
45. She has an interest in the Amish culture
46. She is a good driver
47. She prays for people
48. She cans food for the winter... that is so cool, I need to do that!
49. She takes the time to ask the opinions of children
50. She has a soft spot for kids with special needs
51. She used to like to "take a drive", maybe she still does
52. She is capable
53. She is pretty on the in and outside
54. She tries
55. She loves frogs
56. She is silly (love that :)
57. She has a contagious laugh
58. She used to take walks with me when I was frustrated
59. She likes Cajun cuisine
60. She likes the color purple (her birth stone)
61. She is a good listener
62. She is appreciative
63. She lead me to Christ when I was a little girl
64. She is consistent
65. Have I mentioned her food - if not, it's really good
66. She is generous
67. She is hospitable
68. Even if she was mad at me for waiting until 11 p.m. on her birthday to post this she would never make me feel bad about it
69. Her skin is super soft
70. She is my MOM
Comments