Thinking about his journey
I was reading a story yesterday about dogs.... I know, just stick with me here. Anyway, at the beginning I saw this quote and it made me smirk. It said "Every path hath a puddle" by JOHN RAY. I started thinking about my Dad. Thinking about my Dad is pretty much a consuming activity for me these days. I was thinking about his "journey", as his blog states, and how he has had so many twists and turns. He's had valleys and hills, but not really a mountain top experience yet. I think that even though the journey has felt like climbing a mountain, he hasn't quite reached the peak. But for now, the puddles are behind him and he's scaling the cliffs. We ache as we are watching this happen.
I'm not saying that we are not part of the journey, but it is his road to take, we can not walk it for him. The peace comes in knowing that he does not walk alone. His Father is with him and gives him rest.
I want to thank all of you for your prayers. I have heart felt gratitude and appreciation to each of you for the role you have taken in this journey as well. I do want to assure you that this adventure is not over, it is just beginning. As my Dad is laying in his hospital room waiting to see his King, he will soon know the glory of the summit.
My Dad loves Jesus, and he would like for you to know Him too. If you want to know how you can have a relationship with God and his purpose for your life... please contact me. I would love to tell you how you can preserve HOPE too!
I find my grip to be tight, but I know that my Dad was only mine to borrow... he doesn't belong to me.
For updates, please click the title of this post...
I'm not saying that we are not part of the journey, but it is his road to take, we can not walk it for him. The peace comes in knowing that he does not walk alone. His Father is with him and gives him rest.
I want to thank all of you for your prayers. I have heart felt gratitude and appreciation to each of you for the role you have taken in this journey as well. I do want to assure you that this adventure is not over, it is just beginning. As my Dad is laying in his hospital room waiting to see his King, he will soon know the glory of the summit.
My Dad loves Jesus, and he would like for you to know Him too. If you want to know how you can have a relationship with God and his purpose for your life... please contact me. I would love to tell you how you can preserve HOPE too!
I find my grip to be tight, but I know that my Dad was only mine to borrow... he doesn't belong to me.
For updates, please click the title of this post...
Comments
I'm praying for your whole family.
xo
jeannie