Putting things into perspective...

Have you ever have one of those days when your car will not start and you have a laundry list of things to get done, half of which involves the actual driving of said car? That was my day yesterday... darn dead battery. It was 30 degrees for about a minute in the night and it sucked my battery down, what in the world? Anyway, I was rescued by a friend who took the kids to school and came back to take me to the dentist (like going to the dentist makes my day more joyful - ouch), then grocery shopping then out to lunch.

I had one of those moments, as I looked over at her laughing, when I thought to myself... "She is driving.... she is actually here and she is driving". Just mere months ago she was laying in a hospital room with a brain injury and now my friend is driving me around. It's a miracle, she's taking care of me today, what a blessing! A dead battery and a tooth ache just didn't seem so bad.

Here I am hoping you have a day that "isn't so bad" :0)

Comments

phyllis said…
yep--i`ve a few of those days lately when things did`nt fall into place--hope tomorrow is better for you.love you!
Stacy said…
Thanks for sharing that with me earlier today! A little dose of perspective is so helpful. Here's to the bumps in the road and God's way around them or over them-whatever His purpose may be, huh?
Lynette said…
I did the same thing when we had the basement flood, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself, because of all the work and the things I lost, until I picked up the newspaper and read about neigbors losing their whole house to the flood and house exploding because of gas leaks, and 2 men lost their lives because they were trying to save a little boy that was being swept away in the water, I only had 12 inches and some people had it so deep it was on the top level.. makes you think and really think...life is hard at times, but someone is stuggling more somewhere..
MyOhMy said…
Loved the comments ladies... I didn't make RESOLUTIONS per say, but was telling K-ster that our Motto this year is "No worries", it's interesting how quickly I can loose my cool when things don't go smooth. I need to take my own advice and chill.... it turned out to be a great day and we capped it off with a yummy dinner and family devotions - a girl has got to love that ;0)
Anonymous said…
I call those "Calgon Take Me Away" days. How wonderful to have G (I'm assuming that's who you are talking about)come rescue you. That's one of the many qualities I adore about her.

Popular Posts