I didn't know how to title this or even what to say... there is a fine line between informing and bragging (hence the small blurry picture, just to be safe).

Tonight we attended the after school Reflections Awards Program with the theme being "WOW". The kids were encouraged to write, take pictures , dance or other visual arts to reflect this theme. G chose to submit a picture and tell a short summary of why it was a "wow" for him. It was about his Bumpa, the kind of life he has had, the differences in the generations and all the the possibilities of what someone young like his sister might see in her lifetime compared to his Bumpa. He did get first place in his category of photography. It was a shock to him (and his mom). Anyway, he is not a prideful kid (and probably would be embarrassed if he knew I told you - but, that is a mom's job to embarrass, right?) even though he is totally stoked he might not say anything unless I made him - haahaa. Now his piece will go on to STATE. So, way to go Son and just to clarify... I'm a little prideful when in comes to this kid, I'm not even going to try to hide it!!!!

Comments

Lindsey's Mom said…
WOW I say - we would like to see a little more about his project especially since it is about his Bumpa who is especially near and dear to our hearts. Is it a possible blog item for BUMPA's blog. Way to go my wonderful nephew for getting first place and for choosing such a noble subject!!!
Lynette said…
Way to go G, I loved to see it also since Bumpa is my favorite
DAD
Love Aunt Nettie
phyllis said…
i too want to see a copy of that-----i knew gabe was a special guy and this proves it!
Keeker said…
Way to go G-man. We are Well Pleased with you!!
Stacy said…
He'll have to show us his entry when he gets it back. You should be proud of him-that's your job! I'm sure grandpa will think that's pretty special, too!

Popular Posts