Feeling Blessed




After visiting family and seeing my young nieces and nephews, I was thinking back to when my kids were one and two years old.... how cute they were and how much work it was. Then I looked at the older nieces and nephews and wonder what our Christmas' will be like when our kids are grown. I get excited and sad. I feel blessed to have the privilege of having children at all.

When my Mom had her seven kids gathered around her last week, I bet she never imaged a day when she would be in a hospital room with her husband and all of her kids, but there we all were.... not wanting to be anywhere else but close to our parents.

It just makes you stop and think.... take it all in. Appreciate the small things and know that they pass quickly and the kids grow fast. I know raising kids is not for everyone, but it is my greatest blessing. Someday when I need G & K the most, I feel confident that I could count on them.

I used to feel guilty that I could stay home with the kids all day when other mothers pined for the same thing. The guilt is gone and I just appreciate the BLESSING!

Comments

phyllis said…
PRETTY PICTURE--EVERYBODY LOOKS BEAUTIFUL AND HANDSOME.
Nemeth family said…
What a gorgeous picture. You just get more beautiful every year! And you should never feel guilty that you are blessed to stay home with your kids. Leave the guilt to us working moms...I had a vacation day yesterday and caught myself saying "I'm so excited that I get to stay home with little K today" How yucky is that? Excited that I GET to stay with her..ugh...I should be with her everyday!
Stacy said…
Be blessed! Love the pics!
Lindsey's Mom said…
You are blessed and you have done a beautiful job - I really enjoyed my one-on-one time with both your kiddos. G is such a young man (my analytical nephew!) and K and I just get to be silly and love on each other. What a fun time for me. I am thankful that God blessed you as a mother and that you have the opportunity to be at home with them. You will never regret it!!! Love you.
Emily said…
Gorgeous picture!

Popular Posts