Trying to get a Christmas card photo

Kids and Ponch Nov08 001If I put half the effort into all my projects as I do this one I could conquer the world... ok, I'm exaggerating. (poor Jana has had to listen to the whole saga).

Today was a little disappointing. We were scheduled to have a family photo taken by a pro from our church. At a very generous discount (by discount I mean, cost of CD and shipping to mail you the pictures he takes to do what you want to with them - awesome, I know) he was making his talents and services available to any family who wanted a Christmas photo taken (way to use your spiritual gifts man!).

Pictures you say... why yes, I would love to! Clothes were picked out and ironed.... then JJ woke up with stomach flu. This is not good because he never gets sick and so I knew this was serious.

On to plan B: take care of JJ and just have the kids in the photo.

Plan B was fine and I think that the shoot went well, I came home to JJ sitting up and taking in some nourishment, so that was encouraging.

Now the hard part for me... waiting... I am such an instant gratification kind of gal, I blame society.

So later, just for fun, I took a few shot of the kids in the front yard, I couldn't waste all the hair curling and sweater wearing effort. Besides, I had to get the dog in some of the photos... after all, he's part of the family deal.

JJ said this picture did not "blow him away" - his words. Maybe he's right (I think it's because I muted the colors, but I like the richer look), but I of course had to share and it is satisfy my need to "instantly" have some results. Merry Early Christmas!
Kids and Ponch Nov08 002

Comments

Lindsey's Mom said…
S - if I had the time and money spent in the past trying to get a family Christmas, I too could do great things!! Those were the days before digital photography - wasted money spend developing pictures that were not good. It can be stressful. We might try again this year while on vacation but I have already decided I will not be disappointed if it doesn't work. I hope that there is at least one good picture on the CD for you - or - maybe you need retakes so that your husband and poncho get to be in the picture!!! I know your Christmas pictures will be perfect. Love you all - C
Keeker said…
We enjoyed the picture. Plus, I think you have the cutest kids in NV. The plant behind K looks like rays of sunshine.
MyOhMy said…
C,
Oh I love your vacation pics each year. We are not going for perfection, just a "true" representation of their personalities... infact, perfect kind of annoys me.
Keeker, JJ thought the plant looked like crazy hair... I think that's the part he didn't like - he's funny.

Popular Posts