A long fun weekend

Three days of feasts Well, actually it all started about Tuesdays when G had his feast at school, then K had hers on Wednesday... then it was Thanksgiving on Thursday. You would think that 3 turkeys would be too much, but not when there are friends and family involved. K also had a little program she did with her classmates - that was cute! Now those pumpkins are on track break for several weeks and I'm loving having them around. Here is the breakdown of the long fun weekend ahead......



Thanksgiving Day We went to visit family for the festivities.
Boys night out The guys went to the concept car show just for kicks... I think the dad's liked it just as much as the boys did.

Black FRIDAY tradition As a SAHM I feel like one of my duties is to save the family $. One of the ways I like to do this is shop some of the Black Friday deals... keep in mind that I am not a morning person and I get pretty over-stimulated in large stores. But this is pretty fun if you are patient and save a ton of dough. I scored this tree this year (at 4 am). We have always had real trees (not a fan of artificial), but it became necessary to get one due to all of our families being out of state and not knowing which years we might not be home for the holidays. Anyway, this 7 1/2 foot beauty is up and waitin' for some celebratin'.
(Don't you love how it is leaning and the angel is about ready to fall off -what in the world - we fixed that later after the picture)

Some little special helpers. The girls were putting the 10 Nativities in the china cabinet for me (I think 3 came from the dollar store)Most were donated or gifts - I love our little collection of nativities and it's such a reflection of how we celebrate this season. The kids love them too... I hope to get one each year... let me know if you find a smoking deal.


Happy 8th Birthday to this sweet girl we were lucky enough to have her over for a sleepover and when she woke in the morning she was 8. Hence the crazy waffles. She is a sweet girl and we are thankful for her friendship.


Last night was a small reunion... we had taken a little break, but now we are back in the swing of our routine. Each month we get together with a couple for accountability. We eat (of course) chat and sometimes play a game. They are awesome and we just really love having them in our lives. Here our men are cooking for us (chipotle shrimp and chicken) Nice work guys... and BTW, Apples to Apples was fun!

















This afternoon J has been taking the kids to the driving range on Sunday afternoons for extra practice. Now, let me share a story. This was a blessing that made me cry a little(in a good way). G has been in golf for about three years now and I think he has found his niche. He loves everything about the sport. He has been asking for a long time to do it more and more so we upped his course time one more time a week... it's a free program so why not. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, his coach pulled him aside and gave him a gently used full set of clubs with bag. He said G was a good kid and was doing very well on the course and earned them. I was so touched by the gesture and thankful for the blessing of clubs for my boy. It's nice when "good" behavior is recognized and I'm thankful for such good coaches who spend so much time with the kids.

















Tonight we had our annual small group bible study Christmas party. Food, crafts, white elephant gift exchange etc. It was fun and nice to kick off the Christmas season together... Happy Holidays everyone and Happy Birthday Jesus!



So now I need a nap.... goodnight!

Comments

Nemeth family said…
What a busy fun weekend! Such a nice time spent with family and friends. And I love your tree! I resisted the peer pressure to get an artificial tree for a long time, but finally had to give in a couple years ago. Needles on the carpet and a crawling baby were not a good combination. We vow to get a real one again when the 'babies' are older. :-)
Stacy said…
Great recap of a full weekend! Thanks for making Claire's morning special...she loved her hair! I'm glad the boys have been able to hang lately, too! Praying today!

Popular Posts