I've been replaced



Enough said!

Actually, I did want to tell you this.... I was down stairs and I heard the kids arguing upstairs. So, instead of intervening I figured they could work it out. I listened very closely in case a mediator was necessary later. They were fighting over who "gets" to clean the bathroom. Not who "has" to, because they both wanted to. The compromise was that K could clean the downstairs bathroom because she is smaller and so is the downstairs bathroom... makes sense to me. Then when she was cleaning the toilets I overheard her say that the toilets were her favorite part (this is the point where I grabbed my camera... this moment must be captured in case it is fleeting).

I had a bad day yesterday, but I will say that this did make my evening a little more tolerable... just have to love those kiddos. I think that #3 prayer under Philippians 4:12-13 is working from the 7x7 prayers below.("teach her to be content in any situation...")

Comments

Stacy said…
What a right of passage, huh? My kids count it as a 'preferred' chore, too. Although I have to admit, I don't mind cleaning a toilet myself! Just between you and me ;) Happy Friday!
MyOhMy said…
Perhaps the prayer is not just for contentment, but to be joyful in any and all situations... I love that!
MyOhMy said…
Stacy, I am not so prideful that I wouldn't allow you to clean my toilets... just keep that in mind if you ever feel the urge j/k
Lindsey's Mom said…
Hey - that sure opens up the opportunities for me when looking for things to do with your children!!! Never would have thought that could be a bonding opportunity for me and my nieces and nephew!!! Love you all C
MyOhMy said…
Yah Auntie that is a great idea and they don't even ask for cash or anything - sweet deal!
phyllis said…
Sometimes being replaced is good!
I would`nt mind it in some cases!
actually when they were babies and you caught them playing the toilet--they were cleaning it!--you just needed to put a brush in their little hand.
Emily said…
You gotta love it!
And you've got pictorial proof for when she's a teenager that she loved cleaning toilets!
Sorry you had a rough day yesterday. I've been checking your daddy's blog.
Jana said…
Oh, what a dream! That and cleaning my wood floors (the deep clean) is my least favorite jobs! I need to get Max on that more often. But, to have 2 fighting for it...that's great!

Popular Posts