The calm before the storm...or are we in limbo?

I feel like last week was a lot of waiting.... for test results, answers, relief. This week feels like a calm before a storm.

I also feel like so many of our friends (including ourselves) have parents that are seriously sick right now... we are waiting some more to see what the next step will be...

Oh, a confession.... I hate waiting and not knowing! This is good character building, but still hard. Please keep praying for Jim, Helen and Bob.

Thanksgiving is coming up (by the way, it's my favorite Holiday - I'm right there with you Mom). Family, food, fun... what could be better? Since it's almost here, this means that the school activities will be plentiful next week and a lot of feasts are coming. Fun, but busy!

The calm is here, I will enjoy it, be as productive as I can with my time. Wait some more and pray.

Note: I'm going to take a week or two off from blogging... I'm going to use every spare minute I can in prayer...can't ignore those nudges ;)

Comments

Stacy said…
Praying for you in this season of waiting. Enjoy THANKSGIVING! And I keep forgetting to say I love your new banner with K and t-giving!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
I'm sorry for all you are going through. I know when Dad was sick I was so consumed with looking to the future and feeling desperate about what was going to happen. Tim used to say to me "He's here TODAY" to try and get me to focus on the now. It was so hard for me to do. Then once I lost my Dad I spent time feeling guilty wondering if I really ever understood "He's here today." While we are praying for you and your Dad please remember during the calm that he's here today and enjoy him.

Popular Posts