His Brother from another Mother!

This is G's best friend. He has been since the womb - seriously. I was just recalling the story of when I was 8+ months prego with G and I went to the hospital to see R just hours after he was born and as I was sitting in the rocking chair holding him for the first time in my arms. G just went nuts inside me and kicked R (years later, R would have his revenge with a friendly bite to the arm;). So started the relationship... 9 and 1/2 years of connecting and laughing literally daily. They go to the same school, church, mothers (haha) everything.
Their personalities are very different, but very complimentary. You would think that they would get tired of each other, but no.... they ask every weekend if they can have sleep overs and they usually do. He has become a member of the family (we would adopt him in a heart beat if need be;)and I know his family feels the same for G.
K is in love with him... hugs daily, which he pretends he hates, but we know that secretly he loves her too. He's funny, kind, polite, athletic, smart and the all around good kid. We just couldn't imagine our lives without him. We couldn't imagine G's life with him... they have become a part of each other. As a twin myself, I can appreciate this connection (obviously, they are not twins, but everyone at school thinks that they are) . As a mother I am thankful for their connection. They have gotten each other through many new experiences that would other wise be scary, but with each other were tolerable.
Love you big guy, thanks for being a good friend! (and son;)
****He has been sprinkled throughout this blog, you can visit him here, here, here, here, here , here and if you still haven't had a enough here.

Comments

Lindsey's Mom said…
G - I am so proud of you for being such a great friend to R and I am thankful that you have a best friend. Since you do not have a biological brother, Praise God, that he gave you a "Brother with another Mother" Love you G
Keeker said…
That is funny L also has a brother from another mother Kurt. He lives in Indiana but they are still the best of friends and when they get together its like they were never apart from each other. It is a beautiful innocent true love. How blessed your are G.
Unknown said…
don't you just love these friendships. It's amazing how kids can have true friendships at such young ages...maybe even more true friendships than we adults.
As an adult if I flick a booger on you you may not be my friend tomorrow but as a kid...its all water under the bridge.
MyOhMy said…
ibd,
I'll be your friend no matter how many boogers you flick on me. Just keep making me laugh - deal?

Keeker,
I'm glad L has his friend, long distance must be hard... but they have a foundation and they will problably be friends for a lifetime - so cool!

L's MOM,
Love you too!!! - From G
phyllis said…
Can I be the other brother`s --other grandmother?--I know he`s a pretty nice guy!
Stacy said…
Love your mom's comment! And we love those 2 boys you've raised (and help raise). Thanks for the trip down memory lane with the pics!

Popular Posts