Have you ever had that feeling....

.... when you were a child (or maybe an adult) and you were sitting with someone having a moment, something relaxing and fun. Perhaps you were reading together or having a pillow fight.... something that you just didn't want to end? And the person casually got up and walked away to do other things? What could be more important in this moment than what we are doing? And why can't it last longer?

Now, that I am an adult with many responsibilities I totally get why moments have to end eventually. But, I still see my little girl weakened by me many times as I get up and walk away from a cuddle or a tender place. I don't want to, but hanging out in her room all evening just playing or giggling isn't always practical (sometimes it is necessary, but not everyday).

She so longs to be with us at this age. I don't want her to stop doing that, but I know she will eventually.

It reminds me of my relationship with God... how we have our moments, they are tender and sweet and I love them. He never gets up and walks away from me. I could stay there all day and He would soak it up for as long as I could. I find I am the one who closes those moments and I wonder how it makes Him feel. Does He wish that I won't be pulled by life and laundry and appointments? My daughters face gets long, does His?

I'm going to try harder today to "stay" - fight the pull to walk away...

Comments

Stacy said…
What a great analogy to encourage our hearts to stay in the presence of Our Maker!
Emily said…
Ok...I'm gonna take this serious beautiful post and say...
"But, God's got that whole omnipresent thing going on!"

I love this, and it really made me think!
Keeker said…
Thank you for that! You got me thinking and praying.
Beck said…
That was my favorite post you have ever written. It makes me want to stay with my dtrs and with my God a little longer.

Popular Posts