An Unexpected Blessing





Here he is our new blessing! I'll give you a little back ground story in case you are curious. JJ and I have never "claimed" to be pet people... though we have a soft spot for dogs we mostly just enjoy "other people's dogs". They are a big commitment and the timing just never seemed right, either we were having kids or travelling or both. Since the kids started school I've been feeling a little like it was VERY QUIET around here. Not that I minded too much, but it would be nice to chat with someone other than myself - heehee. I've been throwing around the idea of a dog every since my in laws adopted a beautiful golden - you can check her out by clicking "here"
JJ's cousin raise a Shih-Tzu and was thinking about breeding her to sell the puppies. This peaked my interest. I've always preferred big dogs (thanks to Tippy from childhood), but there was one kind of smallish dog that I liked and it is the Shih-Tzu. Plus, with allergies I need a hypo-allergenic doggie and hoped for one that did not shed. I'm not sure why, but I've always gravitated toward the blonde dogs verses the richer colored dogs.
With all of this said, my very loving and logical hubby has repeated himself saying "I'm not opposed to getting a dog, it just takes time and money and I'm not sure this is the right time". Clearly, I've brought up the topic a few times and that is why the he has had to repeat himself - poor guy, sometimes it must be hard being married to me :)
Anyway, fast forward to Sunday.... I was preparing the house to host bunko and I received a call from one of the ladies, asking if her friend could stop by to show all the bunko ladies a dog that needs to be adopted. With 12 women in one spot this was a great idea, because they have to know someone who might be interested. Out of curiosity, I asked what kind he was and the story. It all sounded too good to be true so I confessed that I hoped for such a dog and I couldn't wait to meet him.
I was nervous and a little more stand offish than normal because I knew that WE couldn't keep him even though when I saw him he was perfect for us. He was only here for a few minutes and it was an awkward time for me because I was still trying to host, but not be rude.
I just could not shake thinking about him and I was a little off all night. Plus all the ladies loved him too and the heat was on... oh, the pressure - just kidding, it wasn't that bad, but I agreed that he seemed pretty incredible.
After much discussion (and trying really hard to not be giddy) I wanted JJ to just think about it and assured him that I could be ok if he said no. Well, at about 11 pm he sweetly said "if you really want this dog, I guess you can have him" well, my self control was released and I acted like a child on Christmas morning and cheered. There.... my true character came out!
I wasn't sure if he was even still available the next day... obviously he was and now he has a home with kids that love to play with him and I think he will be very happy here.
By the way, the kids didn't know a dog would be waiting for them when the returned home from school yesterday. Theydidn't believe me when I said we could keep him. They thought I was joking... it took a while before they realized that he really was staying.

Comments

Emily said…
So...question!!!
What's the little newbie's name?
haha
I love small dogs.
small poop.
nuf said.

I still need to answer your e-mail.
Sorry, busy weekend, but I did get that mailed out. In fact you might get it today, depending on how long it will take to get to you!!
Nemeth family said…
Oh, what a cute little dog! I love him! Congrats on the new addition to your family. I would also love to know his name :-)
Miss Lee said…
I love it that you got the dog! Tell Jeff that he is wonderful. Better yet, show him! The kids look so happy with him, too!
phyllis said…
we are getting a quite a collection of granddogs and 1 grandkat---i love em!

Popular Posts