Oy!!!

No, I'm not selling jewelry now.... although, that is never a bad idea. J and I are among the living again. We've been sick and useless.... seriously useless. Finally we are well enough to eat and walk and do a little cleaning. Well, J is doing the cleaning... if you've met him you understand all of this.

Anyway, I came home from taking K to a b-day party (by the way, happy birthday TigerLily!!!!) and found my hubby pulling the kitchen apart. The microwave vent - off, the refrigerator vent - off and they were all scrubbed up and ready to reinstall. Man, I love this guy.

Next, he was getting ready to pull the stove out from the wall so he could clean UNDER it. I am so excited just thinking about it.... OK, give me a minute... alright, I'm OK now. {deep breathe} So he does. Mind you, we have only pulled the stove out just enough to paint behind it, slightly when we first moved in here nearly five years ago. This time it was for real. I saw him carrying a shop vac, some rags, some cleaners, bug spray..... I don't know... all kinds of stuff!

He did it!!! Not a complaint, not a whine or whimper. Not even a "Honey look what a good job I did". The funny thing is he found all kinds of stuff under there. Baby toys (ours) the rest of the stuff did not belong to us (old owners) There was jewelry (see above pic) and paper.... now that freaks me out. How can you have paper under a stove and not catch something on fire? Anyway, it's just an everyday normal cleaning thing, but I thought it was funny that the old owners of this house left behind some treasures for us to find years later. Maybe we should pull out some other appliances and see what we find.

What is the strangest thing you have found behind a piece of furniture or appliance and you are pretty sure it wasn't yours?

by the way.... when you see me wearing this cute green bracelet around... give me a wink or a nudge, but let's not speak of this is public :)

Comments

Stacy said…
Great find! I pulled out the stove last week, nothing too exciting...pencil, k'nex, paperclip, and a marble. I bet you feel so good having those inconspicuous areas clean! Why is that? I think I like that it's not so bug-friendly when it's clean.
Emily said…
I unearthed an old stuffed animal from the rental house yesterday. It was brown and looked like a real animal. It scared me. It really scared me. :)
Then the neighbor came by to see how the project was going and she said that it was her stuffed animal from years ago when she was in elementary school...she's about mid 30's now.
She took it home to her puppy.
Not as fun as finding jewelry, but fresh in my mind!

Popular Posts