Not ready to move on yet....


....to the next season. Signs of summer are fading. Fall is creeping in all around us. Just check out the shelves at the stores. There are even Christmas decorations out now, not to mention all the fall stuff lining the isles.
I love fall, I do. It is by for my favorite season. But, I am just not prepared to move on yet. I haven't transitioned to the next season in my home, clothing anything. I'm not even mentally ready for it.
Above is what we did for our Sunday evening family activity after dinner... swim. That's right, the ultimate SUMMER activity. Am I getting old or are the seasons going faster ? Who's with me on this? Are the stores trying to push our season forward too quickly?

Comments

Nemeth family said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MyOhMy said…
I'm right there with you, Sis. My favorite season is fall and it is definately in the Michigan air. The leaves have not turned colors yet but the nights are very cool. We have closed our pool for the season and covered it with the winter cover so the leaves don't fall in it. L had a blanket on her lap as she left for school today. I love the temperatures (at my age it's easier to cope with than the heat!!) I love sleeping with the window open. It's a wonderful time in Michigan!!!!! Love to see pictures of your kiddos & hubby - it really helps me stay connected.

Love you - C
Nemeth family said…
I couldn't agree more...fall is definitely in the air and I'm in denial. I can't believe we just celebrated the "unofficial end of summer" and the kids are all back in school. Maybe because my kids aren't in school yet, the reality doesn't hit me in the face. I sent them to daycare in coats...and shorts...today. A sure sign we are near the end of shorts weather. And I have seen a couple trees starting to change here in MI...I couldn't believe my eyes! It just isn't cool enough for cider mills and football games yet, but it will be soon enough. Ahh...fall...

Popular Posts