It's not a secret.....

...that Thursday night is cleaning night, my hubby is smart and frugal, & I'm heaven bound....

now the challenge it to tie all of these non-secrets into a story.... I can I guarantee....

O.K. so there I was on my knees scrubbing the bathtub last night (because it was Thursday:) I was a little upset about well... the fact that I was cleaning... and some of the happenings from the day. So I had my ipod blaring in my ears (the ipod was a free product that my smart hubby acquired through a great deal - ask him how you can get a free nano if you would like one) while I am soaking wet because I CAN NOT figure out how to clean the bathtub without getting wet. Anyway, I'm trying to change my attitude and just be thankful that I have a tub to clean and family to mess it up. When the song "I'm bound for heaven" comes on and I start to smile, my muscles start to loosen and I'm happily scrubbing away.

It's pretty great how God can change our attitudes when we focus on the right stuff. I could have kept stewing about the wrong things, but when my thoughts went upward instead of inward... the smile was released.

Here is hoping that you keep your eyes on heaven today!

Comments

Stacy said…
Have I told you lately HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU? This post made my morning! A reminder to my heart to lay it all at the altar! What a gift music is and the holy spirit using it to soften our hearts. And I love the ipod story-clever, frugal Jeff! We appreciate his wisdom, too! Have a blessed day and weekend. See you tomorrow!
Emily said…
This made me smile.
:)

Popular Posts