Here is the craft that we attempted tonight

Edible crayons! Two ingredients (pretzel rods and melted white chocolate) How easy is that!!!This is a project that I wanted to do for K's first grade class for her assigned snack day on Wed. So I thought I would let the girls try it out tonight to get the kinks out. This dry run was helpful and now it is mastered.... maybe :)


This is not an original idea by ME. I first found it on one of my favorite sites here then I saw it here.
First, we printed the cute wrappers (we learned quickly to use non-card stock) on different colored paper. The girls dipped the pretzels in different melted white bark with coloring in it. Then layed it out to "dry" on waxed paper.

Then, they waited patiently while the oldest one cut out the wrappers.


We secured the wrapper with tape on the back and Voila, you have edible crayons for "back to school" snacks.
They are very cute displayed in a pencil box for delivery and that is exactly what I plan on doing. Happy snacking!



Comments

Stacy said…
Thanks for letting my girls in on the fun! They loved it! I'll stick that idea in my mind - so cute! I'm on-line at 7 a.m. looking for a Quick Care...too long with this SORE of a throat...too little sleep for too many nights...afraid it's strep...we'll see!
Unknown said…
love it...I just might try this!

Popular Posts