Collecting the memories

A few weeks ago on one of our dates, JJ and I went to his new office to decorate it. I came up with the idea that I was going to make a shadow box for him of all the things that made up the essence of this man. Hard to truly do, but this was my version. I thought his office needed a personal touch and perhaps a conversation piece for co-workers for when they stopped by to work/visit.

He is a huge Angel's fan, loves hiking, biking, skiing, surfing, white water rafting, his church, his family, did I mention skiing and the Angel's ? So the project was finally complete. I found this awesome black wooden framed shadow box with a rough burlap linen in the back ground (somewhat manly). We had the kids draw pictures of the stuff they enjoy doing with him to give it that "aahhh" factor and everything was secured down and ready to go.

This morning, as he was getting ready to haul it to his car, it slipped out of his hands and onto the tile floor, cracking the glass. Shoot!!! Well, it was the thought that counts.

I do love you babe and perhaps it won't take me weeks to get it repaired.

Comments

Popular Posts