The power of powdered donut holes
O.K. so I wasn't going to put this on the blog, because really it's not very exciting (except to the kids) there's no spiritual lesson, no real news etc.etc., but as I was looking at this picture something struck me as funny. I'll tell you what I noticed later.I'll start over. Today my friend Stacy (have I mentioned how much I love her lately - I do!) Gave me an opportunity to hang with her kids. They make me laugh, I mean like constantly. She had some more school shopping to do with her middle daughter (Claire) so I had the oldest (Chacen) and youngest (Camdyn). They played, we ate, made donuts (ie. pics) and did some non-structured crafts. Pretty typical play date stuff... but we really really enjoyed them - so that made it even more fun. I hope to capture their laughs sometime on audio because I promise you they are contagious... you just have to hear them laugh - it's like good medicine.
Anyway, this is the silly part. (Stacy, you will appreciate this - I hope) I was looking at this picture below. Cute right?... the idea of our kids growing up together... lovin' on each other... this is a typical scene for them at each date night childcare trade- three times a month.
Now notice this: Stacy's kids are nicely groomed, hair combed, teeth probably brushed, nails trimmed, clean clothes, matching etc. It doesn't sound like a lot to ask, now does it? This is everyday mom stuff. Well, my confession for the day is... that this is the same dress K. wore yesterday and it took me until now to notice. I know G. didn't brush his teeth (gross) because I reminded him like three times and he just kept saying - oh yeah, I forgot. (What is that stain on is right shoulder all about?) K. swims and showers daily, but..... has a brush touched her hair in the last 24 hours? Probably not!
So there you go, I'm not super mom. I didn't even get out of sweats and a T today and make up was not part of the routine. I was happy, they were happy. And it's nothing that the "power of powdered donuts" couldn't cover up.
Oh, one last totally unrelated side note: G. made up another word..... please try and use it in your vocabulary when you are around him, he'll crack up and it will be worth it - I promise.
It can be a noun or a verb and can be used in present or past tense, the word is: Blofe
It's pronounced blow-f
used in context , it has to do with messing up - used in a sentence (G's, not mine) "Wow, I really blofed it this time"
So maybe that's what I did - " I blofed it" when it came to grooming my kids, but I spent quality time with them. Besides, it's summer - it's all good right? Don't worry, I'll blofe it again and again, I'm only human.


Comments
Isn't it just the truth.
Blofe...how cute.
I love it.
Christine