My dad called today.....


.... to talk about the rain. Ironically, because when it was pouring down yesterday, I was sitting in my mini-van waiting it out so I could grab the kids from school. I felt sadness... I thought about my dad.... I prayed for him... I cried a little. It was all very cleansing, outside and in.


Today, however, it is bright and shiny and the tears are all dried up. He called me... maybe to talk about the rain, maybe it was just an excuse to talk to one of his girls. I don't care the reason, I'm just glad he did.


His white blood cell count is low and he's tired... he explained all the times in a day he naps and concluded with "that's not me". I guess right now it has to be him, it's part of his journey... his path is uphill and it's exhausting, of course he needs a nap or three.


Here's a man, who loves his family and Jesus. Please keep praying for him with me. Keep loving on my mom and supporting her. And if your parents are still with you, please squeeze them a little tighter next time you see them.
James 1:12, Romans 5:2b-4 and Romans 8:17

Comments

Stacy said…
Heart breaking and yet, so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your heart and the hope you have in Jesus. Praying for you all and lots of love!
Bekah said…
as I wipe the tears from my eyes, I am so touched. I am continuing to pray for your dad and family, lots of love...

Popular Posts