Do you see any similarities here?
(This photo was taken in 1980)(Top photo) :This is me with my brother in first grade (I think, based on the fact that I'm taking lunch and I remember that coat from kindergarten/1st grade)
The second photo is of my kids this morning. Shawn, apparently that hair cut never went out of style :) because 28 years later, my son is sporting it as well.
By the way, you have to love the lunch box. Those old tin ones were great and Kermit was my "boyfriend". And K's lunch box looks more like a purse, but still very cute!
I see pictures of Shawn's kids and I get this little tingling feeling... I know it's because his oldest daughter looks so "familiar" - she looks a lot like the twin I grew up with so closely for so many years. I look at my kids and I sometimes get that same feeling.
I 'm blessed because I had a brother that I was so close to growing up (it's helped me "understand my own boy") and I feel blessed that I get to be so close to another "familiar" boy while he is growing up.
I'm praying that these kids have a good day at school today. I'm also praying I get through the day without tears. If I don't... that's probably OK too!
Comments
It seems like kids going to school is usually harder on the parents than the kiddos.
At first glance I thought that picture was your son and daughter.
Wow...amazing