What is it about nailpolish and girls........
...that makes us just open up to each other. Is it that we are so focused on the task that we let our guard down? Is it the fumes? Is it because we have a common goal? Is it because walls are torn down and we have physical contact? Perhaps it's the fact that we are being pampered and we feel a trusting open feeling that just makes us want to talk. Come on ladies you have to admit that you have probably told your hair dresser things that you haven't told your closest girl friend yet.
What ever it is, it's magic for K. and I. She tells all when I am painting her nails. We have the best conversations and I think I'm going to use this tactic when she is a pre-teen. If it keeps us close, why not!
I laugh when I think about being prego with her. I had this ideal in my head that two boys would make a cute little family and very practical because I could reuse my baby items. Well, as we all know... God has His plans for us and it's not always how we envision. I wouldn't trade my little girl for the world and I am thankful that God knew she is exactly what this family needed.
I always hoped that I had a decent sense of humor, but I do not think I laughed as much pre-children. Every day they are cracking me up. It seems like dinner time is a "quotable" time for them. I'm usually pretty spent by that time of day and still have the whole clean up and bedtime routine to go. The smallest thing can make me laugh, energize me and change my mood so fast. I suppose God designed it that way and I'm grateful.
Grateful for the giggles and all the stuff in between.
By the way, speaking of quotable: last night at dinner k. said "I think it's just the butter and salt that makes me happy" - she has spoken directly to all of us who struggle with weight - amen sister, amen!!!
What ever it is, it's magic for K. and I. She tells all when I am painting her nails. We have the best conversations and I think I'm going to use this tactic when she is a pre-teen. If it keeps us close, why not!
I laugh when I think about being prego with her. I had this ideal in my head that two boys would make a cute little family and very practical because I could reuse my baby items. Well, as we all know... God has His plans for us and it's not always how we envision. I wouldn't trade my little girl for the world and I am thankful that God knew she is exactly what this family needed.
I always hoped that I had a decent sense of humor, but I do not think I laughed as much pre-children. Every day they are cracking me up. It seems like dinner time is a "quotable" time for them. I'm usually pretty spent by that time of day and still have the whole clean up and bedtime routine to go. The smallest thing can make me laugh, energize me and change my mood so fast. I suppose God designed it that way and I'm grateful.
By the way, speaking of quotable: last night at dinner k. said "I think it's just the butter and salt that makes me happy" - she has spoken directly to all of us who struggle with weight - amen sister, amen!!!
Comments
I'm sure it will work then
Lynette