The road less traveled with a little rain on the side

As we were returning from our trip this weekend we were heading for a storm. Looking through the rear view mirror, everything was calm. We felt quite satisfied with where we had been and what we had done. Still, we were heading for a storm knowing that we were just going to have to go through it even though we didn't know how bad it was going to be.



I couldn't quit thinking about my Dad. How when they said he had cancer, that he knew this was HIS storm that he had to face. No turning back. Just keep on going and pray that the rain would not come down too hard.



Rain is usually welcomed, it's cleansing and helps things grow. The same can be said for adversity. In my experience, I can rattle off plenty of times when life was just hard, but I grew from it and it changed me forever. It molded me and transformed my whole being.



We are not welcoming the cancer, but we are basking in the closeness that it has brought to the whole family, especially to Dad . How we appreciate each word and each moment with him. How he is more affectionate and takes the time to say I love You EVERY TIME now.



Looking in his rear view mirror, I'm confident that he is quite satisfied with where he has been. Looking ahead it looks kind of stormy, but with God's strength he is moving forward. Bring on the rain because he's not travelling this road alone!

Keep the prayers coming!!!!!

(Again, I will remind you of his blog and how to keep updated with his journey- click here - I've been inspired by this website as well - it has brought numerous tears to my eyes, but quite touching, you should read the story from the beginning - it's awesome click here )



this song and it's lyrics rings true for me, my heart says "bring it on" if that is what I need to lift Him up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8HgAVenbUU



Comments

Suzanne said…
I wanted to let you know I said a prayer for your dad. I came to your blog through His Girl's blog.

I like the way you put your praises and prayer requests on the side of your blog. I may have to try that out on mine as well.

God bless you and have a great day!
Unknown said…
I love it! What a great thought. You have always been and always will be a testament to me of strength in times of adversity and I have a sneaking suspicion that you get a bit of that from your daddy. I love you to pieces.
Emily said…
We are heading into a storm right now. Not a sickness, but we don't know how bad it's going to be.
It might not be that bad or it could be a huge struggle.
Thank you for this post.
Very encouraging.
Stacy said…
Just an interesting side note about the blog you referenced...Shannon just did her first photo session for "Now I lay me down to sleep" as a volunteer. What a neat ministry that is and cool to see God using His people's gifts in their time of need.

Popular Posts