Holding my head and laughing....
....mostly at myself. I was holding my head because I still had a headache - residual from the previous day of MIGRAINE may ham. They keep coming, although unwelcome...they come. More frequently and more intensely than ever. (SIDE NOTE: if any of you have migraine home remedies or suggestions, I will try anything at this point).... OK let me go back and start over.
If you've ever been to my house you would know that our master bedroom connects to our master bathroom with an archway, no door (annoying, but true). My hubby wakes up about an hour before I do each morning for work and he takes his shower. About 90% of the time I never hear him get out of bed, take a shower or even feel his sweet kiss goodbye. Yup, that's right, I sleep right through it because as most of you know, I also love sleep and I am not a morning person. I figure that the "angel-like" figure he sees each morning, just quietly laying there is much more pleasant than anything I can offer authentically.
Anyway, I did hear the shower water hitting the bathtub (because there is NO door) this morning and every open and close of the drawers was intensified. I had another headache. I just laid there praying with a desperate cry that God would take my headache away. I felt a wash of relief and he DID IT!!!! Then about five minutes later it was back.
J. saw that I was stirring so he sat at the edge of the bed and asked how my head was today. Witnessing my last 24+hours of misery he seemed hopeful and sympathetic at the same time.
I told him the story and reassured him that it was not as bad as yesterday and he kissed me on the head then left for work. After he had been gone a few minutes, I started to laugh.... not because the story was particularly funny, but because it seems like God is always teaching me this lesson.
I wasn't very specific with my prayer and I asked for it selfishly. (by the way: selfish is not usually my style, but today it was...non-specific, that I need to work on) He took my pain away, even if briefly.
I asked him to forgive me and I expressed my appreciation for the lesson learned. As the morning went on he freed me from the pain, gave me a kiss on the forehead and allowed me to go through the rest of my day with a reminder. That he is the great physician and I just need be more specific and intentional in my prayer relationship with Him.
Here is to hoping you don't find yourself laughing because you were just "schooled" AGAIN!!!
If you've ever been to my house you would know that our master bedroom connects to our master bathroom with an archway, no door (annoying, but true). My hubby wakes up about an hour before I do each morning for work and he takes his shower. About 90% of the time I never hear him get out of bed, take a shower or even feel his sweet kiss goodbye. Yup, that's right, I sleep right through it because as most of you know, I also love sleep and I am not a morning person. I figure that the "angel-like" figure he sees each morning, just quietly laying there is much more pleasant than anything I can offer authentically.
Anyway, I did hear the shower water hitting the bathtub (because there is NO door) this morning and every open and close of the drawers was intensified. I had another headache. I just laid there praying with a desperate cry that God would take my headache away. I felt a wash of relief and he DID IT!!!! Then about five minutes later it was back.
J. saw that I was stirring so he sat at the edge of the bed and asked how my head was today. Witnessing my last 24+hours of misery he seemed hopeful and sympathetic at the same time.
I told him the story and reassured him that it was not as bad as yesterday and he kissed me on the head then left for work. After he had been gone a few minutes, I started to laugh.... not because the story was particularly funny, but because it seems like God is always teaching me this lesson.
I wasn't very specific with my prayer and I asked for it selfishly. (by the way: selfish is not usually my style, but today it was...non-specific, that I need to work on) He took my pain away, even if briefly.
I asked him to forgive me and I expressed my appreciation for the lesson learned. As the morning went on he freed me from the pain, gave me a kiss on the forehead and allowed me to go through the rest of my day with a reminder. That he is the great physician and I just need be more specific and intentional in my prayer relationship with Him.
Here is to hoping you don't find yourself laughing because you were just "schooled" AGAIN!!!
Comments
Ok, I am reading your sidebar and am just thinking that one of these days I am going to be standing in line to get you to autograph my copy of your book "How to for patients and the people who love them: A guide for people going through illness or standing beside someone who is". Seirously Girl...You have had a rough road and you are a testament to all who know you and who hear even a piece of your story. I don't know why God made our very similar paths so different but I have a suspicion. I am guessing it goes back to that verse that says that he will only give us what we can handle. YOu have been a great testament for how to handle adversity and giving God all glory and honor through it all. I, however, would most likely have turned from God and headed for the hills. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!
I love you my friend and sister!!