Celebrating independence
Celebrating independence...that seems like a daily thing in our household these days. As a mom, it's one of my goals, right? Raise those kiddos up to be independent members of society? Well, apparently I'm doing an o.k. job at it, because this little pumkin' is NEEDING me less and less. It's hard to celebrate this natural progression when she's my last. (Brother appears to be completely self sufficient - just needs a little cheer leading along the way) It's funny how I spend hours training, modeling and teaching them to be polite, useful and independent. But, in my raw moments, you will find my heart feels a little tug. I'm very proud of G & K and I continue to celebrate the "stages". I also know they will always need their mom to love and support them to some degree. However, the "baby" stages are over and their independence is slowly creeping it's way in. I'll keep on stealing those hugs and kissing those necks until they are big enough to fight me off :0)!!!!!
Comments