Top 10 list!
No, this is not David Letterman's top ten list, nor is it Oprah favorite things.... this is just a superficial list of GROUPS of things that I can live without, but choose not to. We can't take stuff with us when we die, but we can enjoy the little pleasures as we stroll through life. This is just for fun and I wanted to do something today that was meaningless. I feel like I am purposeful in most things that I do SO I just wanted to do something silly. My true list would include PEOPLE, pictures of people, sounds of voices and laughter, events with people (bunko, reunions, datenight), books (BIBLE), baseball, dress-up, games and all things quilted.... but this is just a crazy list of things that I like to have and could live without.... but I don't.

Favorite products: Mary Kay Signature lip gloss in "gold rush" shade - I've tried other colors, but this is my everyday number one choice (thanks Catherine for the heads up on that), Pier one home fragrance in "Ginger Peach" - they discontinued it once and I was sad:( , but it's back now and I'm a happy camper, Island Candle Co. lotion in "coconut" - it's not greasy and is smells fabulous on my hubby.
Favorite snacks: Granola - I like this Sahale brand "Ksar Pistachios" - it's kind of spicy and chewy. Fruit - any kind will do as long as it's fresh. Cereal. I included my apron because it reminds me of food and I love all things quilted [as previously mentioned above](blankets, pillows, place mats, aprons etc.)
Reminders: this is my card holder and when ever we get mail that is meaningful we hang it here... this is so summer.... look at the babies, weddings and graduation invites, sure signs of summer.
pen sized hand sanitizer (this is a good smell in my book) I'm telling everyone about it :)
My kid's rooms....they are soft colors and are calming.... this is where we cuddle, laugh and play. I included K.'s closet (kind of messy now) because she has great clothes (thanks for all the hand me downs ladies)Notice more quilting - Aunt C. rocks in that department!

Children's art.... little K. is an artist at heart.... I should have included a fresh box of crayons - it makes me happy just thinking about them.

This is random, but I like my "lost and found" cubbies by the front door. If you have ever visited you know where to find things that you left last time you were here... no joking it is packed right now... it was my solution to keeping track of other people's "left behinds". Oh, and a semi-organized fridge.... the artwork is in the playroom and the fridge is almost clear... it's hard to maintain, but I'm working on it.


I don't know what category to put this in, but I like all things in order.... I'm terrible at keeping it that way, but my label maker is helping (D. & C., we have the same one:). My scrapbook room and supplies are my favorite and my bathroom "products" stay in order... it's rare that everything is in it's place, but when it is... peace washes over both JJ and I.... temporarily.
As all my friend (especially my husband) know, I have a container disorder. All things must be contained. I have no true control over my life - I gave that to God many years ago, but I like to give the illusion (to myself) that I have some self control (thanks for helping me with that in accountability K.) and can contain some earthly belongings. Anyway, this bag was a birthday gift from my husband. It's not glamorous, it is purely functional, quite symbolic of what I've created my human vehicle to be these days. However, it is one of my new favorite things. There is a place for everything I need, washable bottom, made of recycled products (earth friendly) and convenient (all things much like myself). Shouldn't your bag always be a reflection of what season of life you are in? Someday when the kids are grown and I do not need to hold water bottles and hand sanitizer... I will have a small cute bag and be missing my kids :(
Trays: Don't ask my why, but for some reason I have grown to love trays. The tray on the left was made by J.'s grandma (Nana) she made the scarf under the glass and I use it as a perfume holder in my walk-in (sorry about the dust - yuk)... the tray on the right was from N. and I put pictures of my kids in it and put in on the fireplace. I also have a tray from C. that is summery and I love it.
I don't know what category to put this in, but I like all things in order.... I'm terrible at keeping it that way, but my label maker is helping (D. & C., we have the same one:). My scrapbook room and supplies are my favorite and my bathroom "products" stay in order... it's rare that everything is in it's place, but when it is... peace washes over both JJ and I.... temporarily.
_______________________________________
Well, I could go on... but, that is 10 already. They are just "things" and just the tip of the iceberg. Share with me what are your top ten groups of things you enjoy... but you can NOT (as hard as it is) say people. Next time I will share with you my top ten favorite things to DO. Can't wait to hear what you have to say!!!!!!
Comments
YOu and I are so stinking alike in so many ways. First of all I am a blogger too...though I must admit that with summer upon us I have been horrible about it lately. Other than that let me just say that I LOVE THAT LIP GLOSS TOO!!!! AND my kids art is such a joy to behold...but not on my nice and clean fridge!!! :) I own the exact same label maker and use it to label the many CONTAINERS around my house. Plastic and I are friends. AND, my friends joke with me about my love of bags. and since I believe that noone can ever have too many bags I may just have to go buy myslef that nifty Keen bag you have there.
I am LOVING YOU right now...let's fly to Colorado (that's probably about half way) and cozy up at the CONTAINER STORE together!!!