Tomato Debacle!

The last couple of summer's we have had some sort of fiasco with food... this year it is tomatoes. It's sad and frustrating. It seems like when ever there is a food scare it takes me a while to eat that item even after it is declared safe... love spinach, but I wash it feverishly every time I have a baby spinach salad. Last night, I was making a simple dinner of chicken burgers. As I was putting together the fixings I really thought a tomato sounded good. This is when I became thankful that my kids and husband had planted 6 tomato plants in late spring. I found only two very small, but super tasty tomatoes and the burger was complete. I wish there was smell-a-blogging, because even though they look weak... the smell and taste were intense. I hope that local growers are not effected by this debacle and there are no more stories of people getting sick.

Comments

Popular Posts