Look at me while I am speaking to you!
(No pictures to distract you today)
I am such a visual learner. On top of that I have this thing about pictures (i.e. scrapbooking, slide shows, blog posts). I even mentally visualize what something looks like even if I've never seen it in order to get a grasp of it....directions, layout of a house etc.
Today, during my quiet time, I just closed my eyes and visualized nothing (nearly impossible - it took several attempts). I think I often let my mind wonder and God knows that I'm distracted. I can't hear what He has to say during these times. It's like when I tune my kids out.... I look like I am actively listening, but honestly, I'm distracted by something else.
If I am going to expect my kids to look me in the face while I am speaking to them and I want my husband to not turn his back on me while we are talking. Then why is it that I turn my eyes from God... I pretend to be listening, but I AM distracted. He's my Father and I totally disrespect Him...
I often say to Gabe... "I do not give you a rule because I'm mad at you, it's because I love you and want to protect you". This is valueable stuff and I want him to hear what I have to say. God has REALLY GOOD STUFF to tell me and sometimes I just do not listen to his voice. It's unfortunate, think of what I am missing out on. I spent my quiet time reflecting on this... a lesson I've had to learn over and over again.
If what I desire most is seeing the face of God when this world washes away... then I need to seize that opportunity when I have to deal with the world daily. My challenge to myself this week is to visualize nothing but the face of God while I'm trying to listen to Him.
I am such a visual learner. On top of that I have this thing about pictures (i.e. scrapbooking, slide shows, blog posts). I even mentally visualize what something looks like even if I've never seen it in order to get a grasp of it....directions, layout of a house etc.
Today, during my quiet time, I just closed my eyes and visualized nothing (nearly impossible - it took several attempts). I think I often let my mind wonder and God knows that I'm distracted. I can't hear what He has to say during these times. It's like when I tune my kids out.... I look like I am actively listening, but honestly, I'm distracted by something else.
If I am going to expect my kids to look me in the face while I am speaking to them and I want my husband to not turn his back on me while we are talking. Then why is it that I turn my eyes from God... I pretend to be listening, but I AM distracted. He's my Father and I totally disrespect Him...
I often say to Gabe... "I do not give you a rule because I'm mad at you, it's because I love you and want to protect you". This is valueable stuff and I want him to hear what I have to say. God has REALLY GOOD STUFF to tell me and sometimes I just do not listen to his voice. It's unfortunate, think of what I am missing out on. I spent my quiet time reflecting on this... a lesson I've had to learn over and over again.
If what I desire most is seeing the face of God when this world washes away... then I need to seize that opportunity when I have to deal with the world daily. My challenge to myself this week is to visualize nothing but the face of God while I'm trying to listen to Him.
Comments